Pages

6/13/13

I finally realized I'm a grown up!


photo cred: charismagick.com

I had a really fantastic 'Ah-Ha' moment this morning. I passed a group of baby faced interns in the hallway at work, and I realized I don't look like that anymore. I am at the point where the standard head nod of acknowledgement between most young people would look weird coming from me and starting a casual conversation with someone younger than 25 makes me feel like a creep. I no longer connect to the social content of the lives of 22 year olds. I live in a world where my mortgage is my biggest bill and I often wonder how to keep my marriage healthy. I'm not the person a young twenty-something seeks to hash out the previous weekend's party antics or the stress of finals. I'm the person they ask questions about getting older, getting married, and what saving for retirement feels like. What's more surprising, is that I can actually answer those questions with a thoughtful and in depth analysis. Today, on June 13, 2013, I finally realized... I'm an adult! A post on what that means, to follow. Check back tomorrow!

When did you first realize you were a grown up? How did it make you feel? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment