Pages

10/11/13

Goals List

For a long time, I stopped having goals for myself. I wouldn't neccessarily say that it was a bad thing. I got married, bought a house, and adopted a couple of kids (pets). I was in a newlywed nest and we were comfy. Now that we've had a couple of years to get used to each other, grow a bit and settle in, I have been thinking a lot about my purpose. I am determined to get back on my path to search for what it is I want and am supposed to do with my life. Along with that, I'd like to start facing my fears and tearing down the limiting beliefs I have for myself. I want to start proving to myself that I can do things that I've previously been scared of. I think that if I do these things, it'll help me see that I don't need to be afraid to face challenges in life, things that hold me back from living my dreams. I have a rule for myself; once I think about something that scares me, I have to put it on my bucket list and it can't come off until I've done it. Sounds crazy, but you know what? I want to look back at my life and think, "WOW! THAT WAS AWESOME!" It's a work in progress but here's my list, in no particular order.

THE BUCKET LIST:

lose 130 pounds (See Progress Pics section of blog)

take a ten week ladies kick boxing class at Mmaxout

finish my back piece

start my sleeves

get my septum pierced


get a motorcycle

go sky diving

go surfing

motorcycle camping trip


get really good at rock climbing

go on a kayak camping trip

write a book

learn how to program/code/web develop

start my own web design/software firm

act as a professional listener for a time

book an underwater hotel room

go ocean kayaking

climb patagonia


go running with the bulls at Pampalonia

take a trip to India

take a trip to Africa

accomplish how to have 'me' time

run a marathon

perform in front of 1000+ people

try bandelooping


go on an alpine roller coaster

swim with sharks... in parts. i know this one sounds nutty, but it's my slightly irrational fear of their presence in the water that's keeping me from truly loving the ocean like i want to. i think at first, i can try the place in florida that has the separated lagoon... and then maybe the aquarium, if they have a program that lets you dive in the big tank... and then maybe some light snorkeling somewhere... this, of all my goals, makes me want to sceeve out the most... im so afraid... but i have to do it now.

get the hell out of debt and never go back

be homeless for a month

live out of one bag for a month

couch surf

skateboard again... havent touched my deck since my accident on grandview hill... the name speaks for itself.

get on the pottstown roller derby team... break some bones

hike in Zion Narrows

visit Morocco... because as weird as this sounds... I'm afraid of Morocco...

visit Asia...

swim in the pools of pamukkale, Turkey... I'm starting to think the trailers for Brokedown Palace are what sent me spiraling into irrational fears of unfamiliar countries.




play with big cats

start walking the 7 miles home from work. by the end of the summer, i want to be able to jog it in about an hour.

2 comments:

  1. Great list. I'm excited to hear about your adventures while in achieving your goals!

    "learn how to program/code/web develop" - This is something I've been doing on and off for a bit now, and I've found a lot of value in Girl Develop It Philly. I've been to quite a few classes already, and I love how empowered I feel afterwards. Plus, it's a great excuse to spend a weekend in Philly! http://girldevelopit.com/chapters/philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Girl Develop It! I came across their website a while back! Very cool! Let me know the next time you go to one, maybe I'll try to tag along!

    Thanks for the encouragement by the way. Always seriously appreciated!

    ReplyDelete